I’ve seen 10,000 orthopedic cases enter my desk over the years, and each one has contributed to me becoming an “expert” in this field. However, what I’ve come to understand is that the more I learn, the more difficult it is to know everything. With that being said, every single case opens up a new avenue full of learning opportunities. There’s just so much out there still to explore!
A major goal in life achieved…more to conquer. It’s an incredible feeling – I’ve achieved a major goal in life! There’s still so much for me to conquer, and for that, I’m immensely grateful. I have so many people in my life to thank:
My deepest gratitude for my success in Orthopedic Surgery goes to:
- My encouraging, loving, and patient family. They’ve waited and sacrificed for me to achieve.
- My mentors and colleagues who taught me clinical and surgical skills. More importantly, they taught me orthopedic surgical wisdom, the true value of a surgeon. An ape can perform a procedure. A wise surgeon can perform it efficiently, proficiently, and with context of the entire care pathway both in and out of the operating room.
- My teams who stick with me through the easy and challenging cases. They show up every day, all day, year after year, delivering to me their best efforts. Administrators, MDs, PAs, nurses, technicians, and ancillary crews…it takes a village to support me, and I’m blessed to work with some of the best in the world!
- My industry partners. Locally, they work tirelessly to ensure my orthopedic surgical success. Internationally, they educate me and allow me to innovate, design, research, and teach other surgeons about my craft.
- And finally, my patients, who humble me beyond measure with their continual trust in my journey to be the best physician I can be. I cannot express enough, my gratitude for their faith in me. they have allowed me to invade not only their bodies but their lives as well. I am eternally grateful.
I love my profession now more than ever. 10,000 down today. 10,000 more to go. Let’s do this!
If you’re an international patient looking for top quality orthopedic care and an affordable price, then we invite you to learn more about our team at VIPP Austin. With years of experience in providing exceptional care for international patients and access to innovative treatments, VIPP Austin provides personalized care with a commitment to providing the best possible outcome for each patient.